Bus Bar Manufacturers Advise on Important Considerations for Bus Bar Systems in Power Transmission Applications
When it comes to bus bar for the power transmission industry, there are several critical bus bar design and arrangement considerations to take into account before choosing your final bus bar system.
Selection of bus bar systems weigh heavily on factors, such as flexibility, reliability and future expansion.
Below, bus bar manufacturers at EMS Industrial advise on key considerations to help you determine the best bus bar system for your power transmission requirements.
There are several key bus bar design considerations to take into account for bus bar in electrical stations and substations, including:
- Will you be Using Rigid or Strain Bus?
- Will you be Using Aluminum or Copper Bus Bar?
- Is Shield Wire Required?
- Should 2 Insulator Stacks be used with Disconnecting Switches or 3?
- Do you need a Ground Switch?
- Will there be Horizontal or Vertical Switches?
When choosing the right bus bar arrangement, there are some key arrangement considerations to address, including:
- Operational Flexibility Required
- Complete Shut Down Protection
- Initial Installation Cost
- Bus Bar Load Handling
- Controller Motor Voltage Required
- Future Expansion Opportunities
Depending on design and arrangement considerations, the optimal bus bar system for your power transmission application may be:
- Single with Sectionalization
- Double with Single Breaker
- Double with 2 Circuit breaker
- Breaker and a Half with 2 Main Buses
- Main Bus and Transfer Bus
- Double with Bypass Isolator
Other Consideration Resources
- Bus Bar Material Comparison Chart
- Aluminum Bus Bar vs Copper: Differences & Common Misconceptions
- Bus Bar Power Distribution Systems: Types, Attributes & Applications
Industry Leading Bus Bar Manufacturer Serving Complete Industry & Application Requirements
EMS Industrial has been a leader among bus bar manufacturers for 50+ years. We serve a broad range of industries and are compliant with most industry and application requirements.
We also provide custom bus bar services to meet specialized needs. These services include bus bar plating, epoxy coating, CNC punching and more.